Visual Studio tip
If you’re like me, the way that Visual Studio 2008′s Solution Explorer jumps around to select the file in the current tab makes you disoriented and frustrated. Fortunately, I have found the ideal solution!
- Disable the automated behaviour:
- In options, open the Projects and Solutions section
- Untick Track Active Item in Solution Explorer
- Enable a keyboard shortcut to track the active item when you want to:
- In options, open Environment -> Keyboard
- Search for the command View.TrackActivityinSolutionExplorer, and enter your desired keyboard shortcut
Not sure if this works in other versions of Visual Studio, but it’s working a treat for me!
This entry was posted on Friday, July 16th, 2010 at 10:42 am and is filed under Code. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.