If you’re like me, the way that Visual Studio 2008’s Solution Explorer jumps around to select the file in the current tab makes you disoriented and frustrated. Fortunately, I have found the ideal solution!
- Disable the automated behaviour:
- In options, open the Projects and Solutions section
- Untick Track Active Item in Solution Explorer
- Enable a keyboard shortcut to track the active item when you want to:
- In options, open Environment -> Keyboard
- Search for the command View.TrackActivityinSolutionExplorer, and enter your desired keyboard shortcut
Not sure if this works in other versions of Visual Studio, but it’s working a treat for me!